Terms and conditions
2035Terms and Conditions Belle Car Rental Bonaire
1. These general terms and conditions form part of the car rental agreement between the rental company Belle Car Rental Bonaire and the renter of the vehicle.
2. This agreement can only be amended in writing to be signed by both the renter and Belle Car Rental Bonaire.
3. The ‘Check Out Report’ of this agreement, specifying details with respect to (the condition of) the vehicle, the rental period, the rent, insurance options, etc. forms part of the rental agreement.
4. In this agreement the word ‘vehicle’ means a car, bus, truck, pick-up, or any other vehicle as specified in the rental agreement. Furthermore, where applicable, it also implies wheels, tools, equipment, accessories, and vehicle documentation.
5. Fuel is not included in the rent. Returned vehicles must contain the same amount of fuel as when they were handed over to the renter. If this is not the case, there will be a refill charge for each shortage of 1/8 fuel tank. The renter is not entitled to any refund for over-tanking.
6. Before tanking the renter must ascertain which kind of fuel the vehicle requires. Belle Car Rental Bonaire can never be held liable by the renter for any damage caused by the usage of the wrong kind of fuel for the rented vehicle.
7. The renter will be held fully liable for any and all damage caused to the vehicle engine, in case he/she has used the wrong kind of fuel.
8. The renter is not bound to any minimum or maximum mileage (free mileage).
9. Vehicles are only rented out to persons of at least 23 years of age, holding a valid driving license issued at least two years before the conclusion of the rental agreement.
1. The rental agreement is concluded for the time period and at the rate as mentioned therein or as has been otherwise agreed upon in writing. If the rental company has given permission to return the vehicle at a later time, the renter remains liable for all damage caused to or with the vehicle until the moment the vehicle has in fact been returned to the rental company and the rental company has inspected it or has engaged a third party to inspect it.
2. Upon conclusion of the rental agreement, the renter must inspect the vehicle and report any damage and/or defects immediately to Belle Car Rental Bonaire, of which a written report will be drawn up. Any damage or defects reported at any moment thereafter is not admissible and the renter will be held responsible, therefore.
3. If the renter wishes to extend the rental period, Belle Car Rental Bonaire must be informed thereof in advance, i.e. before the expiry of the agreed rental period. The rental period thus extended will remain subject to these general terms and conditions. All vehicle insurances taken out for the initial rental period shall be automatically renewed for the period of extension.
4. If without prior notice to Belle Car Rental Bonaire the vehicle is not returned to the rental company within the agreed rental period, Island Carrental Bonaire has the right to repossess the vehicle forthwith. In such an event, the renter shall owe the rent as specified in section 5 up until the moment the vehicle has in fact been repossessed by Belle Car Rental Bonaire Furthermore, all vehicle insurances taken out for the initially agreed rental period shall be automatically renewed up until the moment the vehicle has in fact been repossessed by the rental company.
5. If the vehicle is returned later than as indicated in the rental agreement, the renter will be charged a basic fine of $12.- for the first hour. For each subsequent hour, the renter will be charged $ 10.-.
6. The vehicle must be returned in good condition at the location designated and at the time specified in the ‘Check Out Report’.
7. When the vehicle is returned, it will be inspected by Belle Car Rental Bonaire report will be drawn up of any damage/defects found, which will be charged to the renter.
The renter is not allowed to remove the vehicle in any way whatsoever from the island of Bonaire. In case of removal from the island by ferry, cargo-ship, or whatever other means of transport, a report of theft will be filed with the police, as the rental agreement and all rights consequent thereon shall be null and void as of the moment of removal. A fine equal to the current market value or book value of the vehicle (at the discretion of the rental company), increased by collection and interest charges of at least 15% of the selected value, shall be imposed. In addition, the renter shall be liable for any and all legal and extrajudicial expenses incurred.
It is not possible to cancel the rental agreement unless a written cancellation clause has been explicitly agreed to.
1. The insurance conditions are available for inspection and form part of this rental agreement. Upon request, a copy will be given to the renter.
2. The renter is fully liable for any and all losses not covered by the insurance.
3. Only if an official police report of the accident is submitted to Belle Car Rental Bonaire proving that the damage was not due to the renter’s intent, fault or negligence and that the damages can be recovered from the other (known) party to the accident, will the own risk deductible charged for damage to the rented vehicle not be applicable. Until such moment that all damages have in actual fact been recovered from the known other party to the accident, the renter will be held liable and responsible for all damage. There will be no refund to the renter until all damages have been fully recovered from the other party.
4. Belle Car Rental Bonaire has the right to change the insurance conditions. If this is done, Belle Car Rental Bonaire will make sure that any such changes are indicated clearly and are available for inspection at the check-in counter.
5. No insurance:
6. The renter is fully responsible for any and all damage to the rented vehicle, caused either by the renter or by an unknown third party, irrespective of the extent of the damage.
7. Damage due to burglary or theft is not covered by the insurance.
8. CDW (Collision Damage Waiver)
9. The own risk deductible amounts to USD 400.- for any and all damage to the rented vehicle resulting from a collision/accident caused by the renter or an unknown third party. The renter is fully liable for any and all damage to the rented vehicle amounting to less than the aforementioned amount.
10. Damage due to burglary and theft is not covered by the insurance.
11. The own risk deductible amounts to USD 400.- for any and all damage inflicted upon any third parties resulting from a collision due to the renter’s fault.
Upon conclusion of the rental agreement, a deposit for the expected rent plus the applicable own risk deductible shall be reserved by means of credit card authorization issued by the renter or by cash.
The renter is obligated and undertakes to pay any and all amounts due before leaving Bonaire. If necessary, all legal and/or extrajudicial collection and interest charges amounting to at least 15% plus legal fees will be charged to the renter.
1. Only the renter of the vehicle, as specified in the rental agreement, and persons specifically mentioned in the rental agreement as ‘additional drivers’ are authorized to drive the vehicle. Any damage caused by an additional driver will be recovered from the main driver, i.e. the renter.
2. If the renter has allowed another person not mentioned in the rental agreement to drive or move the vehicle, or if the renter has been negligent in preventing third parties from driving or moving the vehicle, the renter shall be fully liable for any and all damage caused to the rented vehicle, the passengers or any other third parties. In such a case the renter shall not be entitled to any insurance coverage.
3. The renter must make sure that, apart from the drivers mentioned in the rental agreement, no one else will be given the keys to the vehicle.
4. Each and every occurrence (harmful event), irrespective of whether third parties or possessions of third parties are involved, must be reported immediately to the police (tel.: 717-8000 or 911) and to Belle Car Rental Bonaire (tel. airport office: 777 8146). Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of the insurance coverage making the renter responsible for any and all damage caused.
5. The renter is not allowed to drive on unpaved roads. Damage to cars due to driving on unpaved roads is not covered by the insurance. If cars are found to have been used in the National Park, The renter himself shall be responsible for salvaging the car, if this should be necessary, and any and all expenses involved therewith shall be for his account. Belle Car Rental Bonaire is not in any way obligated to provide assistance in such cases.
6. The renter shall be fully liable for any and all damage caused by or to the vehicle whilst driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medication.
7. If any misrepresentation has been made with respect to the validity of the driving license or if the driver has been disqualified from driving, damage caused to or by the vehicle will not be covered by the insurance.
8. The renter is fully liable for any and all costs resulting from traffic or parking violations or from any other offenses committed during the rental period.
9. Whenever the renter leaves the vehicle behind, the key and all valuables must be removed.
10. If the vehicle has to be towed away, all costs involved shall be for the account of the renter, unless a mechanical defect caused its malfunctioning.
11. It is not allowed to use the vehicle to transport passengers or goods for hire or reward, nor to tow or push other vehicles. Violation of this provision will make the renter fully liable for any and all losses of or damage to passengers, goods or the vehicle.
12. The vehicle should not be overloaded and should be handled carefully. It is not permitted to transport more passengers than can be seated in the vehicle, including the driver.
13. Flat tires should be changed instantly. Failure to do so will make the renter fully liable for any and all damage caused. US$ 35.- will be charged for repairing a flat tire. If the tire cannot be repaired the cost of a new tire will be charged.
14. The renter is not allowed to participate in any road test, race, or contest with the vehicle. Violation of this provision will make the renter fully liable for any and all damage caused.
15. In all above-mentioned instances where the renter is held fully liable, the insurance coverage is excluded.
Article 9. Night depository
1. Openings hours Airport office Belle Car Rental: 7 days a week from 8.00 till 18:00 other times we are there on request.
1. Belle Car Rental Bonaire shall not be liable for any misuse or loss of personal belongings, goods or luggage belonging to the renter, the authorized (additional) driver(s) or any other users or passengers of the vehicle. The insurance does not cover any such losses either.
2. Belle Car Rental Bonaire shall not be liable for any damage or personal injury resulting from a collision or any other accident and inflicted upon any passengers (including the renter and/or any additional drivers) transported in the rented vehicle.
Belle Car Rental Bonaire is authorized to repossess the vehicle before the expiry of the rental agreement, without any prior warning or judicial intervention and without prejudice to its right to full compensation for any and all costs and losses, if it appears that the renter has made any misrepresentation with respect to the purpose of renting or obtaining the vehicle, which is of such a nature that if Belle Car Rental would have known this purpose in advance, it would not have concluded the rental agreement, or if it appears that the vehicle has been used to violate the law or has clearly been abandoned, or if the renter is in breach of any article of this rental agreement.
1. If any provision of this rental agreement should be null and void or invalid, this does not affect the applicability and validity of the remainder of the agreement.
2. In case of any difference in interpretation of the Dutch and the English text of this agreement, the Dutch text shall prevail.
1. Netherlands Antillean law shall be applicable to this rental agreement.